Biscuit Joiners are used for joining two pieces of wood together. This particular system was invented in Switzerland back in 1956 and entails cutting a crescent shaped hole with a circular saw in the edges of the two pieces of wood you wish to join. Then a wooden biscuit that has been dried, compressed and formed into an oval shape, is glued into the space that is formed when the two pieces of wood are placed together. The wooden biscuit then expands from the wet glue and acts as a clamp, holding the wooden pieces together.
On this page we have included some reviews of the best biscuit joiners you can buy in the UK at the present time. We will update this page from time to time as new products are introduced into the market.
- Silverstorm 128999 – 900W Biscuit Jointer 230V
The Silverstorm 128999 biscuit joiner from Silverline costs 58.00 on Amazon, which is cheap for this kind of product. It is powered by a 900 watt electric motor and has a no load speed of 10,800 rpm. The cutting depth can be adjusted and has a range of 0-19mm and the angle of your cuts can also be tailored between 0-135mm with the aid of the easy to read aluminium fence. There is a dust extraction port to help keep your work tidy and included in the box is a dust bag. This biscuit joiner can be used with 0, 10, and 20 biscuit sizes.
- 900 watt 230V electric motor with a no laod speed of 10,800 rpm
- Adjustable cutting depth from 0-19mm
- Easy to read aluminium fence
- Adjustable cutting angle from 0-135mm
- Dust extraction point and dust bag
- Low price
- Also features a lock off button
- Makita PJ7000 240 V Biscuit Jointer
Makita’s PJ7000 biscuit joiner has been designed to be easy to grip and manoeuvre and weighs just 2.5kg. The electric motor is a powerful 700 watts and can deliver 11,000 rpm. There are six depth settings that can be selected with a single touch for common biscuit sizes. The rack and pinion, pivot fence is made from cast aluminium and can be adjusted with stops at 0 ,45, and 90 degrees. This biscuit joiner comes with a dust bag that can be easily connected thanks to the rotatable dust nozzle. The Makita PJ7000 is priced at 182 pounds.
- Six depth settings for the most common biscuit sizes
- Rotatable dust cap allows for easy dust bag attachment
- 700 watt motor, 11,000 rpm no load speed
- Adjustable cutting angle
- Rack and pinion cast aluminium fence
- Easy blade change thanks to shaft lock and clamp screws
- Dewalt DW682K Circular saw/ biscuit joiner
For just under 205 pounds you can get your hands on this 600W, 10,000 rpm biscuit joiner from DeWalt. Like most DeWalt products, it has excellent build quality and is highly durable. It delivers accurate joints every time thanks to the dual rack and pinion fence lining up parallel to the blade. The cutting angle can be adjusted to suit between the angles of 0-90 degrees and the joiner can be clamped for stationary work using the heavy duty aluminium shoe. You can make 0 degrees flush cuts without removing the fence and the fence also has a 45 degree notch means you can index an outside register easily.
- 600W motor that produces 10,000 rpm
- Great Build quality
- Very accurate joints every time
- Adjustable cutting angle of 0-90 degrees
- 0 degree flush cuts without removing fence
- Can be clamped for stationary work using the aluminium shoe
- Cutting depth up to 20mm
- Biscuit Jointer Wood Cutter Slot Miller 900W – POWX131
Priced at only 60.61, this is another great value for money biscuit joiner. This product gets its power from a 900 watt motor with an idle rotational speed of 11,000 rpm and works great on a wide range of materials. Like our other products it has cutting depth selection points and can also be manually adjusted from 0-19mm. The cutting angle is also adjustable from 0-90 degrees. A spindle lock system makes blade changes straight forward and no bother. There is a dust bag that comes with the tool and an attachment to protect delicate surfaces. You can also use this tool to produce shadow joints.
- Lightweight at only 3 kilograms
- 900 watt motor with an 11,000 rpm idle rotational speed
- Multi-screen depth adjustment or manual adjustment
- Adjustable cutting angle
- Spindle lock system for easy blade changes
- Attachment for protecting delicate surfaces and dust bag included
- Low price
- Triton TBJ001 – 760W Biscuit Jointer 230V
With a powerful 760 watt motor and priced at 99 pounds, the Triton TBJ001 biscuit jointer is a fine tool at a fair price. This is a very sturdy and durable product that will last a long time. The base, fence and drive housing are all made of rust and corrosion resistant aluminium. The fence can be adjusted to change the height from 0-40mm and the angle between 0-90 degrees. Biscuit size selection is easy thanks to the 6 position turret stop system and it is compatible with 0, 10, 20 and S6 biscuits. Changing the blade and cleaning the tool has been made simpler thanks to the hinged base, and the fence is also removable. Included in the box is a dust bag, spare carbon brushes, blade pin spanner and hex key.
- Powerful 760 watt motor
- Fence is height and angle adjustable
- Base, fence and drive housing is made from aluminium to increase the longevity of the tool
- 6 position turret stop system for easy biscuit size selection
- Hinged base makes blade changes easier and also good for cleaning the tool.
- Strong and sturdy
- Priced under 100 pounds
Those are our picks for best biscuit joiners. If any of these products takes your fancy, simply click on the links provided and you will be taken to a page with more information, images and purchasing and shipping information.