Written by Terry Smith
Our site is reader supported so when you click a link to Amazon we may earn an affiliate commission.
Best wood stain
This article was last updated on May 6th, 2020 at 2:49 pm
5 of the Best Wood Stains Available in the Market
People who have worked with wood will know that they need a good wood stain to finish off the project. One needs it to protect it from any damage that may come on it, especially caused by weather and insects.
Currently, there are numerous options for these wood stains when you go to the market. But you cannot just pick up anyone from them as you do need to look into the features.
Here we will talk about some of the wood stains that are good and will benefit your project. Our recommendations will definitely help you to make a good choice. So, let us start with it.
1. Everbuild EVBWSAP750 Quick Dry Wood Stain:
This particular wood stain is one of the best available in the market and the 750 ml pack of it is available for £11.90. It is also available in packs of 250 ml and 2.5 litres.
It is a quick-drying wood stain that dries to the touch within 30 minutes of application. The stain can be used to protect the wood and weatherproof it. The wood stain also saves the wood from peeling and cracking. One can apply it on windows, doors, furniture, window frames, etc.
Once it is applied, the stain will stay put for about 5 years. Currently, the wood stain is available in different colours like Antique Pine, Rosewood, Teak, Walnut, Natural Oak and Mahogany, etc.
- Dries to touch in about 30 minutes of application
- Available in a number of colour options
- Provides protection for 5 years
- Weatherproofs the wood and saves it from cracks and peeling
- Enhances the natural look of the wood
2. Ronseal Quick Drying Wood Stain
The Ronseal wood stain is available in a pack of 750 ml for £19.00. It is also available in packs of 2.5 Litres.
The wood stain dries in about 30 minutes and gives weather protection to the wood. The stain is highly water resistant and it also protects from the UV rays.
The stain can be used for wooden objects places outside or inside the house. It doesn’t require the person to apply a primer on the wood before applying the stain.
The tin that it comes in is re-sealable so that it can be used later. When someone applies this the wood will be protected from peeling and cracking.
The wood stain is available in satin and gloss finishes in different colours such as Rosewood, Mahogany, Teak and Dark Oak, etc.
- Dries in 30 minutes
- Weather protects the wood from rain and sunlight
- Doesn’t require any prior application of primer
- Comes in a re-sealable tin package
- The wood stain is available a number of colour options
3. Dulux Quick Drying Interior/Exterior Woodsheen
This particular product from Dulux is available for £14.66 for a pack of 750 ml. It is also in a smaller pack of 250 ml.
Dulux has been known for producing wood stains from a long time. The different thing about this stain is that it works as a stain and varnish at the same time. So, it has been called ‘woodsheen’.
The product is quick-drying and it provides a satin finish to the project. It provides protection to the wood and one can use it for wooden pieces present inside or outside.
One needs to apply 2 coats to get the desired protection. It is available in a number of colours. It takes about 4 hours to dry. A person needs to apply it with the help of a brush.
- The woodsheen takes about 2 to 4 hours to dry
- It works both as a stain as well as a varnish
- It can be used for wood pieces present outside or inside the house
- 2 coats do the job and provides strength to the wood
4. Ronseal 10 Year Woodstain
This Ronseal product is available for £10.00 for a pack of 250 ml. But one can also get it in packs of 750 ml or 2.5 Litres.
This is the second Ronseal product that we are mentioning over here. This wood stain provides 10 years protection to a wooden product and it has been BBA approved.
It takes about 1 hour for this product to dry. The stain wouldn’t peel when it is applied on the wood. It also doesn’t require a person to apply primer before application of the wood stain.
The wood stain does provide weather protection against rain, snow and frost. It can be used for softwood and hardwood.
Currently, the product is available in 10 different colours which include Natural Oak, Walnut, Ebony, Smoked Walnut, Deep Mahogany, etc.
- The wood stain provides 10 years of protection that is BBA approved
- It takes about 1 hour to dry
- There is a not tendency of the stain of peeling or cracking
- It is best for outside use as it protects from rain, snow and frost
- The wood stain is available in 10 different colours
5. CUPRINOL 5158524 Garden Furniture Stain
This particular wood stain is available for £11.05 for a pack of 750 ml.
The thing about this product is that it is specifically made to protect furniture that one will place outside. It can be applied on all types of wood be it softwood or hardwood.
It provides water protection to the furniture for a long time. The drying time for the product is about 2 to 6 hours and it depends on the wood surface.
The product is made by Cuprinol, a company that is making such products for 75 years. This stain will protect the wood pieces available outside for a long time.
Currently, it is available in 5 colours including options such as clear, oak, mahogany, teak, antique pine, etc.
- The wood stain is for wooden pieces placed outside
- The product weather protects the wood from rain, sunlight and snow
- It can be utilised on all types of wood including softwood and hardwood
- It takes about 2 to 6 hours for this product to dry
- The product is available in 5 colour choices