Best shed alarms to keep you protected (November 2020 Updated Review)
This article was last updated on May 6th, 2020 at 1:49 pm
6 Best Shed Alarms for your garden
It’s a shame that we are searching for the best shed alarms but I’m afraid thats the reality of the times we find ourselves in. You’re probably just securing a cordless lawn mower, a hedge trimmer, and your grass trimmers as well as a whole host of tools. In a perfect world we wouldn’t need a shed alarm but seeing as we do I have put together a list of the best shed alarms based on ability to detect an intruder, how well the batteries last, the noise output, and from my personal perspective, a shed alarm should not throw out false positives. The last thing you want is to wake up in the middle of the night because the cat set the shed alarm off!
1. Yale SAA5015 Wireless Alarm
This article reviews some of the best shed alarms available in the market. These are ideal if you are looking to purchase something to protect your garden sheds, garages, caravans or outbuildings. Securing buildings outside of your home is as important as securing your home. The Yale Wireless shed and garage alarm enables you to keep an eye on any unnecessary movement or intrusion.
The product components include 1 Yale shed and garage alarm, 1 fixing instructions and 1 fixing pack.
The Yale shed and garage alarm has the following features:
- You need to set a confidential 4 digit pin code, which should only be shared with your family.
- The Yale shed and garage alarm has a very strong motion detection sensor.
- An alarm will alert you 10 seconds after a motion is detected, if the 4 digit pin code is not entered.
- The alarm comes with a loud siren of around 100 db so that when an unnecessary motion is detected, the user is alerted even if he is a little far from the shed.
- The shed alarm offers a great range of 12 meters, which is suitable for protecting buildings like sheds and garages outside of your home.
- It is wireless and hence there is no hassle of cables, as a result of which it can be mounted anywhere on any wall.
- The shed alarm runs on 4 AA batteries, and the shed alarm displays a red indicator if the battery is running low and needs a replacement.
2. Tech Traders Wireless Motion Sensor Alarm with 2 Remote Controls for Shed, Garage and Caravan
The Tech Traders remote controlled mini shed alarm with infrared ray remote control is the perfect solution to your shed security problems. It comes equipped with a loud and clear 105db siren which expands the detection range to 8 long meters. The Tech Traders shed alarm has an inbuilt passive infrared sensor to detect movement and has a built in PIR motion sensor. The scanning area can reach up to 110 degrees. The wireless shed alarm runs on 4 AA batteries and comes complete with 2 remote controls.
The Tech Traders shed and garage alarm has the following features:
- Strong motion sensor alarm to protect your front door, back door, garage shed, caravans etc.
- Inbuilt PIR motion sensor to detect any intruder movement
- Easy to install and no hassles of wires or cable
- Comes with 2 remote controls
- Loud 105db alarm and a scanning area of 110 degrees
3. Wireless Motion Sensor Alarm PIR Infrared Battery Powered with 2 Remote Controls
This shed alarm, sold by Top-Vigor, comes with:
- 1 alarm sensor
- 1 mount bracket
- 2 remote controls
Some of the features of the alarm system are:
- The alarm’s inbuilt PIR motion sensor – this helps detect the movement of any intruder.
- The shed alarm has a scanning range of 110 degrees and a loud siren of 105 db – to alert the owner in case of any unusual activity.
- The shed alarm also comes with its own adjustable wall mounting bracket – this makes it simple to install anywhere.
- It is wireless – saves the owner from the hassles of wires and cables.
- The shed alarm runs on 4 AA batteries.
4. WER Wireless PIR Motion Sensor Alarm with 2 remote controls – 2 pack
Looking for a shed alarm to provide crime prevention security at home, office, garage or shed? Invest in the WER wireless shed alarm which comes with an adjustable wall mounting bracket and 2 remote controls. The new wireless design makes it very easy to install.
The WER Wireless Shed alarm comes with the following unique features:
- Very loud siren of up to 105 db to alert the owner of any unnecessary intruder movement.
- Inbuilt PIR Motion sensor
- Large scanning area covering 110 degree
- 45 days money back guarantee and 24 month warranty period.
The shed alarm requires 4 AA batteries (not included in the pack) and 2 LR44 batteries for remote control (included in the pack).
5. CPVAN Motion Sensor Alarm with Siren and Remote Control
This multipurpose wireless alarm, with infrared PIR motion Detector technology is great for securing your homes, offices, sheds, caravans or garages. It is completely wireless and hence comes with its own mounting material.
Some of the top features of the CPVAN Motion Sensor alarm include:
- Communication range of up to 100 m
- The infrared sensor can detect any intruder movement of up to 5 to 8 meters
- Loud siren alert system at 125 db
- Inbuilt Passive Infrared (PIR) technology to detect any unnecessary movement in the detection range.
- 90 days guarantee
The CPVAN Motion sensor alarm is very easy to install and runs on 3 AAA batteries which are included in the pack. The box comes with 1 motion sensor alarm, 1 remote control, all batteries, mounting base and an user manual.
6. Defender Wireless Shed Alarm
Defender range of products has made its own unique place in the security products category as they are regularly recommended by the UK Police, Local Councils and neighbour hood watch groups due to their reliability and quality factor. Any unnecessary motion is detected by the shed alarm and its loud siren of 110 db alerts the owner of the motion. The Defender alarm is perfect for use in sheds, garages etc. To protect your property against unwanted criminals and security breaches. It is very easy to install, and one just needs to set a combination code for entry into the area.
Key features of the Defender Shed alarm include:
- Shock sensor technology and magnetic contact alarm
- It caters to a 15 second entry or exit delay
- The alarm unit has a small solar panel attached to it which extends the battery life by around 18 months.
The Defender shed alarm comes with its own set of 3 AAA batteries, screws, adhesive stickers and instruction manual.