Best Wildlife Cameras Reviewed
Wild animals tend to be a jumpy bunch, and don’t usually stay still and pose for that Instagram shot you’re after. That’s were a wildlife camera comes in. Wildlife cameras, also called trail cameras, are a type of remote camera specially designed to capture animals in their natural habitats. They are usually very durable and hardy and also weatherproof, and take photos automatically when their built in sensors are triggered. They are ideal for people who really want to catch animals in the wild, for surveying game by hunters, and for other uses such as monitoring wildlife in national parks and monitoring whether a runaway pet is coming back to eat at night. They can also be used as security cameras for your property, although CCTV would be a better choice for that in my opinion.
The market is positively overflowing with these types of cameras at the moment and there are so many to choose from it can make your head spin. There are various cameras with different megapixels, adjustable features, different weatherproofing, and a whole lot more to wrap your head around. Below we have chosen the 5 cameras we think are the best out there and reviewed them for you. Enjoy.
1. Crenova Trail Camera 12MP
- super-fast 0.2 second trigger speed
- 120 degree wide CMOS sensor with 20 metre range
- 12 megapixel camera
- Crystal clear photos both day and night
- Record videos up to 1080P FHD quality
- Sturdy and IP66 waterproof casing
- Good battery life
2. Victure Wildlife Camera 12MP
The Victure Wildlife camera 12 MP is available for only 39.88 on Amazon at the moment and is worth every penny. The camera allows you to take photos in a variety of resolutions, from crystal clear HD 12MB images to 1MB snaps to save memory space. You can also capture videos up to 1080P high definition quality. The camera is particularly good for night photos and uses a fully automatic IR filter. The 24 piece 940NM Infrared, low-glow black LEDs allow you to take nighttime photos without a flash so the animals won’t be scared away. The sound recording quality of this wildlife camera is also excellent and you will be amazed at what you can hear on your videos. The 0.5 second trigger speed is extremely fast ensuring you catch the best images possible and not just some blur. You can easily view your recently captured images and video on the built in 2.4 inch LCD display too. With multiple modes including time-lapse and interval modes along with others, you can be sure to get the type of images you desire. The casing for this camera is drop and dust proof and IP66 waterproof so you can feel confident about leaving it out in all conditions.
- Multiple resolution options- photos up to 12MP and videos up to 1080P
- Various modes such as interval, time-lapse and timer
- Excellent sound recording quality
- Low glow black LEDs allow nighttime photos with no flash
- 0.5 second trigger speed and 90 degree sensor detection angle
- 2.4 inch LED display to view recordings on the go
- Drop proof, dust proof and IP66 waterproof
- Low price
3. APEMAN H55 Trail Camera 16MP
Priced at a penny under 50 pounds with free delivery in the UK, this wildlife camera from makers Apeman is worth taking a look at. First of all, it has a whopping 16MP camera capable of producing very detailed images and 1080P HD videos. The general flash range of the camera is 65ft and clear nighttime images are guaranteed thanks to the upgrades APEMAN have made to their previous models, namely the no glow infrared LEDs and faster trigger and recovery times. The casing has also been redesigned making sure the LED lights and lens don’t cause vapor when interacting with the casing itself and improving the overall waterproofing of the product. The case itself is dust proof and weather/waterproof and there’s a 2 inch LCD screen for viewing your pictures and videos. The front facing screen is very helpful when it comes to positioning the camera aim properly.
- Low price
- 16MP pixel takes excellent images
- 1080P video quality
- No glow infrared LEDs for nighttime photography
- Dust and waterproof
- 2 inch LCD display for viewing your work
- Front facing screen is good for positioning
- 0.5 second trigger time
4. TOGUARD Trail Wildlife Camera 14MP
TOGUARD have brought us an excellent product with this wildlife camera and at a low price of just under 50 pounds. The combination of the 120 degree wide lens, 22 metre night vision distance, and 14MP camera, delivers incredible photos and videos every time. With built in, passive infrared sensors picking up all the action, and a 0.3 second trigger speed to rely on, you are certain to capture any wildlife that comes into its vicinity. 42 piece low glow infrared LEDs help you film at night without disturbing the animals in their natural state. The case is IP56 waterproof and it is also drop and dust proof and will withstand any weather conditions. You can adjust the sensitivity of the motion sensor to suit your needs and also select from a wide range of resolutions for both photo and video.
- 14 MP camera for razor sharp images
- 1080P HD videos
- 120 degree wide lens
- 22 metre night vision distance
- Passive infrared sensors and low glow LEDs
- Waterproof, dustproof and drop proof
- Low price
- Adjustable motion sensor sensitivity
5. APEMAN Wildlife Trail Camera Trap 20MP
This model from APEMAN sports the highest resolution camera of all our reviewed products. You can be certain that your images are going to be detailed, clear and vivid if you choose to use the setting to capture photos with the full 20 megapixels. Knowing that high definition alone won’t help you capture a great action shot, APEMAN have given this camera a trigger speed of just 0.2 seconds so you won’t be missing anything. Videos can be recorded up to 1080P HD but you have the option of lowewr quality clips to save memory. Night time work has been made easier thanks to 40 piece no glow, infrared LEDs with a 65ft range. You can adjust so many features of this camera- the resolution for images and video, IR brightness, and also PIR intervals and sensitivity. The new improved cover is now 60mm thick and drop proof. It is also dustproof and IP66 waterproof so you won’t be getting a misted up lens. A 2 inch LCD screen lets you view your videos and pictures and also helps you set up your camera angles. You need 8xAA batteries to run this product but it is good on saving power.
- 20 megapixel camera gives you vivid images night or day
- 1080P video quality
- 0.2 seconds trigger time to catch those action shots
- 40 pcs no glow IR LEDs and 65ft range for nighttime filming
- Many adjustable features such as ,IR brightness and PIR intervals and sensitivity
- Strong 60mm thick case that is IP66 waterproof, dutproof and drop proof
- Front facing 2 inch LCD screen helps to set up the camera and can be used to view your work
- Low price
That last review brings to an end this article for now. As you can see there are a lot of excellent products out there with not much to choose between them. Hopefully, we have cast a little light on a few features for you and helped you with your decision. If you are interested in buying any of these products, would like to read customer reviews or see more images, please click on the links provided.