Best Meat Tenderiser
A guide to buy the best meat tenderiser
A meat tenderiser is the perfect barbecue accessory that will allow you to elevate the flavour and texture of your meat. There’s nothing better than a nice piece of tenderised meat on a charcoal barbecue, with that smoky edge….tasty! We don’t always want to spend a fortune on prime cuts of fillet, so one way we can fill the void or close the gap is a meat tenderiser. A meat tenderiser should be comfortable to hold and assist you striking meat to the thickness of your liking. It should be easy to clean and maintain. I’ve purposefully selected the best meat tenderisers and reviewed them to help you make a decision.
I have wondered many times about the meat steak being so soft in the restaurants. Not only that, they cook the dishes very fast after we give the order. How is it possible when it is taking a lot longer at home when I prepare it (not becoming soft is another issue). I did research about the same and found out that there are some tricks to make the meat soft. Some chefs use powdered meat tenderiser but there is another way to do this without using chemicals. It is by using a metal meat tenderiser. It is a cool tool that you can buy from a store or even order online, once you’ve beaten your meat, it would form very easily and make excellent kebabs. Many use meat tenderisers to make burger patties, just be sure to have a spatula on hand to flip them as a set of tongs might break the meat as you grab it!
A meat tenderiser which is also known as meat mallet is a tool that is used to tenderise meat slabs. Now, what is meant by tenderising meat? Meat is actually made up of muscles and protein is the molecule that binds these muscle strands. By tenderising, these binds break down and make the meat soft and easily digestible. So this process, in turn, speeds up the cooking. Pounding the meat steak with this tool even helps in making the meat juicy by letting liquid marinades seep in. The protein turns into a gelatin type material that gives that juiciness to the dish. Here we are going to discuss some of the best meat pounders and how you can choose the best. So, before going ahead, let us see the points to be considered while buying a mallet.
There are different types of meat tenderisers in the market. They are mallet type, blade type, and needle type. Mallet type resembles a hammer that has smooth metal heads at both sides. In the needle type, sharp needles at the head are used to penetrate the meat while pounding. The blade type is very similar to needle type. In this, instead of needles, it will be blades that are attached to the metal head. The mallet and blade tenderisers are designed for both family and small scale businesses. For busier restaurants, they use mechanical tenderisers – another type that is commercial type. They will have an opening through which you can input the meat piece and the rotating handle is used to pass the meat through the opening.
1. KitchenCraft Amco Houseworks meat tenderisers
- A fine tenderiser for supple meats
- A tough pounder for toughest pieces of meat
- A flattener for fillet
- A marinade injector to infuse an ocean of flavours
- A handle that helps you to have control
- A meat tenderiser with high quality
2. Orblue 48-Blade stainless steel meat tenderiser
- Comes with blade guard
- There are 48 blades making the pounding faster
- Marinating the meat with liquid marinade is easy
- The handle is no-slip – easy to hold for a longer time
3. Mountain Grillers mallet meat tenderiser
- The tenderiser is sized for a family
- Helps you to prepare a succulent dish
- Two-sided to make the cut flat and juicy
- Easy to maintain and clean
- Since it is compact this is ideal for camping or picnics
4. Anpress needle meat tenderiser
- Food grade stainless steel blades and plastic handle
- Durable meat tenderiser
- Reduces the cooking time
- Can also be used to marinate the meat
5. OXO good grips meat tenderiser
- A 2 in 1 tool for pounding meat
- A non-slip handle
- Have good grip rubber handle
- Can be used for both pounding and tenderising
6. LURICO meat tenderiser of stainless steel blade
If you have already researched about the blade tenderiser you know that it works on a spring mechanism. The spring is attached to the ABS plastic handle and the bottom part has three horizontal openings to let the blades go through and control the height of the hole 1 inch. Once the pounding is over you can remove the bottom part and clean the blade properly. The dimensions are 6 x 1.3 x 4.3 inches (LxWxH). The pack comes with the top part of 48 blades, the bottom part with safety lock, and the protective cover to keep the blades clean.In short, the LURICO meat tenderiser can offer the following features.
- Faster cooking
- Better marination of meat
- Makes dish succulent
- Easy to clean and store
7. Jaccard supertendermatic 48-Blade tenderiser
- Multi-blade tenderiser with 48 sharp needles
- Makes cuts through the meat to help marination
- Reduces the time for cooking
The above tenderisers are the tools that all professional chefs will need to prepare delicious dishes. You just consider your needs (you will definitely consider your budget) before finalising the product. Happy shopping!