Best water butts & accessories (November 2020 Updated Review)
This article was last updated on May 6th, 2020 at 2:44 pm
Best Water Butts and Accessories
In these days of climate change, everyone is trying their best to be as environmentally friendly as possible. Installing a water butt or two in garden is a great way to help the planet. They collect and store rainwater so that you can use it to water your garden when the weather gets better. Budget water butts start out as low as 20 pounds these days, so there’s real excuse not to do your bit. In addition, they will actually save you money in the long run as you won’t have to rely on your mains supply.
Here are reviews for the best water butts available in the UK. We have provided links for you should you wish to know more about the products we’ve reviewed. Let’s begin…
1. BeGreen 100L Capacity Mini Rainsaver Water Butt Kit
- Low cost 100 litre water butt
- British made to a high standard
- Doesn’t take up too much space
- Easy to set up
- Comes with everything you need to set up
2. Harcostar 227 litre Water Butt & Raintrap Diverter + Stand
- 227 litre capacity
- High quality materials used in the butt’s construction
- Precut and plugged ports on both sides of the butt
- Two threaded tap holes have already been set up for you
- Lockable lid
Some people are put off by the look of the standard water butt and, let’s be honest, they’re not he most eye catching things in the world are they? Well, Sankey have thought about this problem and have come up with a solution- the Beehive water butt. As the name implies, this model is shaped like a beehive and looks so much more natural and pleasing to the eye than what is usually on offer. Made from 100 percent recycled materials but styled to look like a ceramic construction, this water butt will look great in any garden. It is also shatter proof and resistant to UV damage. It stands 77 x 60 x 60 cm and weighs 4 Kg when empty and will hold 150 litres of rainwater. This model isn’t a kit and the stand and diverter have to be purchased separately.
- 150 litre capacity
- Unique beehive design looks better than the standard models
- Made from recycled materials
- Strong and durable
- Shatter and UV proof
4. Straight Plc Andersons Garden Lake Water Butt Kit
We continue our best water butt reviews with this kit that includes all the things you need such as the butt with lid, rain diverter, stand, and tap. It is available for 41.84 on Amazon with free delivery in the UK. Like all our other reviews it is made from robust, recycled plastic and comes with pre-cut holes to make the set up process as simple as possible. The rain diverter is about 2 feet long and will fit any 68mm round downpipe or a 65mm square one. The stand that comes with this water butt does a good job of keeping it stable and the lid fastens down tight so if you have kids you can rest assured they can’t get it open.
- Made from good quality recycled plastic
- Full kit includes everything you need
- 2ft long water diverter will fit round or square downpipes
- Sits stable on its stand
- Childproof lid fastens down tight
- Simple and easy to use design
- Compact so it’s easy to install
- Can produce 1.1 bar of pressure
- Can be left inside the water butt
- Can connect direct to hose
50cm connector, fittings and instructions included in the kit
- Made from recycled plastic
- Manufactured in the UK
- Low cost and very good value for money
- Popular product with many happy customers
7. Ward Enterprises GN816 Strata Ward Water Butt Filler Kit For Downpipes
- Made in UK
- Made from recycled plastic
- Filler and overflow function in one system
- Will fit most 65mm round and square downpipes
- Comes with all fittings necessary for set up
Water butts are excellent water saving devices if set up properly and we hope that you now feel better informed about the best deals available to you in the UK at the moment.
Please feel free to explore this site and you will see that we have numerous other pages dedicated to a wide range of gardening products complete with their own product reviews.
We will update this, and all our other review pages as new products and models come onto the market to keep our information the most up to date possible, so please stop by again from time to time. We hope you enjoyed this article.