8 Best Garden Golf Nets
Let’s be honest, Golf certainly isn’t the easiest game in the world. I’ve been trying (and failing) to get to grips with just the basics for years and I’m still terrible. One of the main things holding my progress back, apart from the fact I’m ‘athletically challenged’, is that the nearest driving range is quite a distance from my house, and the only free time I get is right around rush hour, so by the time I get there it’s almost time to come back again. Even when I’m there, I feel a little self-conscious about my hooking and slicing while being surrounded by guys driving the ball 250+ yards with ease.
Here is my list of best garden golf nets
Getting good at any sport takes practice, hours and hours of it. So, if you’re like me and you find it hard to get to the driving range, or you just feel more comfortable working out your mistakes at home, it might be a good idea to invest in a garden golf net.
Garden golf nets are comparatively inexpensive, and when you factor in the savings on petrol and the money you pay at the driving range, they will pay for themselves in no time and save you money in the long run. These golf nets come in wide range of shapes and sizes and offering different features. Some products are better for practicing your ‘teeing off’ prowess, while others are made specifically for chipping and getting your short game up to scratch.
With so many options out there, it can be hard to decide on the right product for you. Fear not, as this page is called ‘best garden golf nets reviewed’ for a reason. Below you will find reviews for our picks for the best golf nets available in the UK. Let’s get started…
1. PGA Tour Pro Size Driving Net with Carry Bag
At the time of writing this review, the PGA tour Pro Size Driving Net is on sale for £58.99, a saving of 41 percent off the original price.
The net comes with its own carry bag, and before being assembled it fits in easily enough for transportation or storage in winter.
Assembly itself is fairly straight forward thanks to colour coded sections that show you what matches with what, I would say having a cordless drill is an advantage in terms of install. Once fully set up, the product measures 214cm x 305cm x 153cm and is stable and sturdy with a strong net. Word of warning though, it is a bit awkward to move around once it is fully assembled without taking it apart somewhat, so make sure you place it where you intend to use it which means use the lawn mower first or you’ll make a big job for yourself. A target sheet is included with the net that has three marked holes for practicing your lob, chip and pitch shots.
Also included is an artificially turf mat to save you destroying your lawn during those ‘bad’ practice days and an official PGA tour training DVD to help you improve your strokes. If you won’t like the artificial turf then I would highly recommend buying some grass seed as you’ll need it!
- Strong and sturdy and made of good quality materials
- Quick and easy to assemble thanks to colour coordinated sections
- Large practice area of 214cm x 305cm x 153cm
- Target sheet with lob, chip and pitch holes
- Carry bag for transport and storage
- Artificial turf mat will take the strain of your practice so your lawn doesn’t have to suffer.
- Free PGA training DVD
2. FORB Portable Golf Net
Our second garden golf net review is of this excellent product from FORB, priced at £59.99. Firstly, the fibreglass poles make it quick and easy to set up and also to disassemble, and this, along with free carry bag, means it’s easy to take this golf net with you, wherever you desire.
It stands an impressive 7 feet by 7 feet offering you a large target for you to hit the balls into, and you can hit them as hard as you want to thanks to the excellent net. The net is made from 20mm HPDE mesh netting which is extremely strong and can withstand your hardest shots. Again the net is simple to set up and just attaches onto the fibreglass poles.
You can use this golf net to catch your best drives, or set it up on the other side of the green when you’re practicing putting, just in case you over hit a few. The net comes with industrial size and strength pegs to secure into the ground.
- Good size at 7 feet by 7 feet
- Quick and easy to set up and dismantle
- Extra strong 20mm HPDE mesh net 3will handle your hardest shots
- Comes with carry bag and pegs to secure the net to the ground
- Easily portable
- Can be used for multiple purposes
3. PGA Tour - Perfect Touch Practice Net
This compact practice net measures just 50.8cm so you can be sure you’ll have enough space for it whether it’s in the garden or even in the garage or spare room. It is designed specifically for practicing chip shots and has three separate net targets to catch the balls so you can see how close to the centre you are getting with each shot.
Assembly is so easy, you simply pop up the net and secure it with the plastic rod that comes with it. The rod is in two pieces and needs to be joined together but it takes seconds.
When you’re finished you can remove the pole and fold it down flat again. The materials that have been used in this golf net’s construction are all decent quality and it should last a while if used as intended. Included in the box is a free PGA Tour training DVD.
- Compact size of 50.8cm allows you to practice almost anywhere
- Specially designed for chip shots and pitching practice
- 3 separate target nets lets you see how accurate you’re getting
- Incredibly easy to set up and pack away
- Good quality materials
- Free training DVD
4. Longridge 4-In-1 Golf Chipping Net
Currently on sale for £17.80, this multi-functional garden golf net is good value for money.
At 60cm in diameter it is larger than the PGA chipping net we just reviewed, and it also has a selection of targets for you to use in your practice.
There is a ‘bull’s-eye’ style target, a standard chipping basket that has 3 smaller baskets for checking your accuracy, and also a target with 3 holes for chipping, pitching and lobbing like the first golf net we reviewed.
The package includes some plastic balls with Velcro on them to be used with the bull’s-eye target and is a fun game to play with your friends and family.
Again, assembly is straight forward and can be done in seconds by popping the net up and securing it with the supplied bar. I would highly recommend getting your lawn mower and strimmer out first, it’ll make the experience of using this kit far more enjoyable.
All the materials used feel durable enough, but you might want to weigh or peg this net down if you’re planning on using it outside on a windy day as it is very light.
- Multifunctional with 4 games to practice
- Standard chipping net with 3 separate baskets
- Bull’s-eye target with Velcro balls for fun
- Target with holes for chipping, pitching and lobbing practice
- Easy to set up and pack away
5. Ram Golf Deluxe Extra Large Portable Golf Hitting Practice Net
If you’re like me and hook and/or slice your tee shots far more often than hitting them straight, you’re probably going to need a good sized practice net or your neighbours might not be too happy when your ball comes crashing through their window.
The Ram deluxe golf net is 2 metres high and 3 metres wide, so even someone as hopeless as I am would have a hard time not hitting net.
The net has been improved since previous models and is now a knotless net system which is far stronger.
The frame is also strong and sturdy and is made up of a steel frame and fibreglass poles that can be put together quite quickly.
This net comes with a good sized carry bag and two J-pegs for securing it to the ground.
- Extra-large net is useful for catching those not so straight shots
- Improved knotless net is able to withstand a lot of power
- Metal frame with fibreglass poles is the right mix of strength and flexibility
- Easy to assemble
- Comes with carry bag and pegs to secure the net
- Good quality and should last a long time
6. Golf Chipping Net by Longridge
With a low price of £8.35 yet still being well made from good materials, there’s no wonder this chipping net from Longridge is a best-selling product.
This 53cm diameter model is for practicing chipping and pitching shots and small enough to be used indoors or outdoors.
The pop-up design is almost self-assembling and just requires you to untether the net and then fit in the support bar once the net has opened itself. It is very stable when fully opened and this makes folding it back down a little trickier, but with a bit of practice it can be done fairly quickly.
The net is good quality for the low price and shouldn’t be tearing on you anytime soon.
- Cheap but decent product
- Best seller with mostly positive feedback from customers
- 53cm diameter means it is compact and can be used indoors or outside
- Pop-up design, makes assembly a piece of cake
- Made from good materials for such a low price
7. ProAdvanced - ProApproach Pop Up Golf Net
This is a great bit of kit from makers ‘ProAdvanced’. On sale at the moment for £61.91 and saving you 29% off the usual £99.99 price tag, it is definitely worth a closer look.
Like the golf chipping net by Longridge that we just reviewed, this model also pops-up into shape by itself and only needs the small side safety nets clipping into place to complete assembly.
Once assembles it stands 152cm high and is 91cm wide, giving you a good sized target to hit into. The net is strong and catches the balls very well and then they slide down the net and roll back through a hole to return to your feet. This is a great little feature that works very well and allows you to practice uninterrupted for as long as you wish.
Unlike the Longridge chipping net which was a bit of a struggle to pack away, this garden golf net is very easy to pack away and includes good instructions showing you exactly how to do it. A practice target with 3 circular mini targets is included in the price. It can be attached quickly and easily for when you want to perfect your pitches and chips. This product comes with its own special carry bag for transportation and storage purposes.
- 152cm high and is 91cm wide, giving you a good sized target
- Good build quality and materials
- Pop-up design for quick assembly
- Easy to pack away with good instructions
- Automatic ball return feature works well
- Practice target included for chipping and pitching
- Comes with carry bag for easy transportation and storage
8. Links Choice Pro Size Golf Driving Net
This practice set comes with everything you need to start improving your golf game at home for only £59.99 at the moment on Amazon with free delivery in the UK.
The net itself measures 214 cm/7 ft high, 305 cm/10 ft wide and 153 cm/5 ft deep with side nets to catch your more wayward shots. It is very stable and durable, being constructed from high quality materials designed to last and the built in ground sheet will stop any low shots rolling out under the strong netting.
Assembling this model is straight forward enough thanks to clear instructions and a simple system.
This product is designed to be used with real golf balls and not just practice balls, and also included in the price are a carry bag, 24 golf balls and an artificial turf mat to strike from.
- Large net with side nets for safety
- Stable and durable
- Built in ground sheet
- Easy assembly with clear instructions
- Designed to be used with real golf balls
- Comes with 24 golf balls, artificial turf mate and carry case