Best Garage Floor Paint
Are you looking to paint your garage floor but not quite sure which paint or product to use? Unlike typical shed or garage paint, floor paint is far more durable and will take far more punishment before scuffing and breaking down. The best garage floor paint should hold up for a good five years or so, be scratch resistant within reason, and appropriately grip with anti slip properties to ensure you can walk safely.
Here are my best garage floor paint reviews
1. Ronseal DHWPFH25L 2.5L Diamond Hard Floor Paint – White
This hard floor paint for wooden, concrete and stone flooring is available on Amazon for £26.28, and from the reviews the price seems very much worth it.
- This water-based paint does not flake or chip, it also is durable and positively scratch resistant even when used under heavy traffic. A user claims that even after 6 months, the paint looks brand new, when painted with proper preparation and applied three coats.
- The paint dries quickly: it takes a total of 4 hours for the recommended three coats to dry; a user mentions that his first coat took less than 20 minutes to dry completely.
- The paint comes as pre-stirred and ready to use, however if the paint is being used for re-painting a worn out surface, then I would suggest cleaning the area completely by using brushes or sandpaper.
- Wipe the area clean with a wet cloth before painting the surface with a brush or roller.
- It is also important to let the first coat of paint dry completely before applying the second coat, otherwise the paint might leave a bad texture.
- The paint is bright white and leaves a satin finish on the floor, it is a thin water based paint and so it applies quickly and efficiently, and the brush or roller can also be cleaned easily under running water.
- The paint does not have a strong smell either.
- It covers about 12 meters square of an area in 1 litre, and the box contains 2.5 litres of paint.
2. Blackfriar Anti Slip Floor and Step Safety Paint Mid Grey - 1 Litre
- This slip resistant paint dries to come out as a beautiful light to medium grey colour, and is priced at £13.98. The paint can be used for domestic as well as industrial use because it resists oil and grease as well as weak solutions of acids.
- It can also be used on a variety of surfaces like bricks, concrete, stones, wood and metal.
- The aggregate finish of the paint makes it resistant to slipping and is ideal for garages, as the tyres won’t slip after coming inside the garage even after being run in water or snow.
- As per reviews, the paint is extremely easy to use even for non-professionals. It only requires some mixing, due to its thick texture, before it can be used on the desired surface.
- It is important to make sure that the particles are mixed evenly throughout the paint; otherwise the paint may leave behind a rough texture in some areas.
- The paint leaves a slightly gritty finish, which is perfect for a garage and the grey colour will not stain as quickly.
- Verified customers claim that the paint dries quickly and does not require more than two coats for full coverage. The paint does not show signs of wearing out until at least a year, after which it might need repainting.
3. 2 Pack Epoxy Garage Floor Paint - 5 litres (Dark Slate Grey BS18B25)
- This paint comes in two parts, which have to be mixed together to get a good, consistent paint texture. It is worth £61.99. The can contains 5 litres of paint which is more than enough to cover an entire garage.
- It takes a litre to cover an area of 10 square meters.
The paint leaves a glossy finish on the floor, in a dark grey colour which seems perfect for a garage.
- I would recommend using the entire paint can in one round, or mix the required amount of paint hardener and paint together in a different can. The paint will dry overnight if not sealed properly, and if left out to be used the next day.
- If you do not thin the paint, two coats with a brush or roller are enough to cover the entire garage as it is pretty thick already.
- The quality of the paint, as per reviews, is durable and does not wear even under extremely heavy traffic. The paint leaves a smooth finish, without putting too much effort in the painting process. However it does take a while to dry completely.
- It is recommended to leave the paint for seven days before using the garage for any purpose. However, after this period the paint will not wear off under any circumstances and lasts for a pretty long time without needing to retouch it.
- In case of children in the house, it is recommended to use a layer of anti slip as the paint does leave a glossy and super smooth finish.
4. Leyland Trade 264619 Heavy Duty Floor Paint, Slate, 5 Litre
- This heavy duty paint worth £36.10 leaves a satin finish on the floor that does not wear easily. It can be used on concrete flooring as well as wooden floors.
- The colour that it leaves on the surface is slate grey, which is also resistant to spills and does not wear off by repeated cleaning.
- The paint comes in a texture that is incredibly easy to apply with a roller and spreads quickly.
- Two coats are enough to have the paint last for a good 6-8 months. As the can has 5 litres of paint, one can easily provide good coverage for a garage.
- It is recommended to leave the floor to air dry for a week after the painting process is over; this assures that the paint doesn’t chip.
- Under good care, the paint can last for a year, since it is made to withstand heavy traffic and rough use.
- The satin finish is smooth and does not seem different from the original flooring, only if painted after removing the rough patches and filling any holes.
5. Polar Heavy Duty Garage Floor Paint Grey 5 Litre for Concrete and Stone Floors, High Performance Paint Protection, Hard Wearing Mid-Sheen Finish and Slip Resistant - Light Grey
- This paint that leaves a light grey colour on concrete and stone floors is another good product and is worth £36.95 on Amazon.
- It can dry to touch within 4 hours of application, and needs a day before you can put the flooring to use. Two coats are more than enough for good coverage.
- The paint is made of a high wearing solvent and 5 litres are enough to cover 60 square meters of an area. It also has a shelf life of up to two years and so can be reused.
- This paint is slip resistant and therefore is perfect for garages; it also resists dirt, grease and oil, all of which are present in abundance inside a garage.
- The mid-sheen grey finish is also gives a great look to the garage.
I hope you liked our review of the best garage paints and if there are any good ones you feel we missed then please let us know about them.