Best barbecue rib racks
Some of the best rib racks for your barbecue party
Nothing quite makes a statement at a barbecue like a rib rack stuffed to the gunnels with tasty ribs. Even picturing the rib rack full of smokey pork ribs is salivating and not to mention that lip-smacking taste!
A rib rack needs to fit your barbecue well, and should be easy to position. It should also be durable and a quick to clean. I’ve put together a list of the very best rib racks, and tested them all against each other for price and performance based on those criteria.
While barbecuing the ribs, even seasoned professionals are bound to have nervous moments. Ribs are not so easy to get right on the barbecue. Due to the nature of the meat and the amount of the bone, getting the ribs perfect on barbecue is quite a challenge. It is necessary that the rib rack that you use holds the ribs upright, ensuring that you achieve the characteristics you desire when it comes to smoking, roasting, braising or grilling the meat.
A barbecue party is a good way to celebrate a get together with your loved ones. This holds true for people of all age groups. What good is a barbecue party without the right barbecue grill( and rib rack to show off your smoky ribs 🙂 ). When it comes to having a barbecue party worth remembering for a long time to come, it calls for some efficient planning and using the right tools. A rib rack is an essential component in your barbecue tool kit to ensure that you have control over the cooking process, you don’t want to let a small detail like a rib rack hold you back from barbecuing perfection!
So making sure that you have the right rib rack that suits your barbecue machine is imperative, you’ll also want a warming rack for when the meat is at the desired temperature so you don’t overcook it. For those who are searching for the best rib rack for their barbecue, I have included some tips below.
Some aspects to be taken care of include:
- Getting the dimensions right: Dimensions are applicable to all aspects of our lives, and a barbecue rib rack is no exception. You should get a rib rack that fits well into your barbecue grill. Buying an ill-fitting rib rack not only doesn’t serve the purpose but will also set you a few pounds back in your pocket. Take extreme care in noting the dimensions of your barbecue and get a rib rack that suits it well.
- Material and make: Any accessory that you are going to get for your barbecue grill is going to go through a lot of stress. You will have to look for a rib rack that is made of the best material. The rib rack should be strong and sturdy, while being able to slot in well into your barbecue machine. Not having a strong and sturdy rib rack can cause the grilled meat to fall off and more importantly gives you nervous moments worrying about it wobbling it’s way off the grill!
- Ease of use: You would not want to have a barbecue rib rack and always have to search for the manual to get it right. The rib rack for your barbecue machine has to be easy to use. We are not talking rocket science here, but usability being the less complicated, the better.
- Maintenance: Any accessory that you get for your barbecue machine needs to be maintained well. We are talking about something that is used to prepare food. So, hygiene should be a top priority. You do not want to own something that has all the best features but burns a hole while trying to keep it clean. Look for a barbecue rib rack that is easy to clean not requiring that expensive cleaning solution or a barbecue wire brush to get them back to their original state.
- Positioning: The above four points are all crucial while choosing a rib rack. However, the positioning of the meat is as important as any of them. The rib rack that you choose should be able to hold the ribs in an upright position. This would ensure optimal heating while reducing charring. Else, you would see grill marks on your meat. I’d also advocate using BBQ gloves to position your rib rack.
Now that you have got an idea about what you have to look for while shopping for a rib rack, let us see some of the best racks I came across while searching online.
1. Charcoal Companion CC3096 Stainless Reversible Roasting/Rib Rack
The first in the list is a simple-looking rib rack from Charcoal Companion with the model number CC3096. Even though it does seem like a simple one, this is a 2 in 1 rib rack that can also be used for roasting turkey or chicken. This is a multi-purpose rib rack. It is reversible and hence you can use this not only for barbecuing ribs but also for roasting chicken or turkey. Made of stainless steel, this rib rack has the capacity to hold 5 ribs at a time. This will be enough for a family reunion or a birthday party. This can be used on any barbecue grill that is longer than 14.96 inches and wider than 9.75 inches. The height is 5.12 inches. Since this is made of stainless steel cleaning this rack is not a difficult task. You can use any dishwashing solution for that. So this reversible rib rack from Charcoal is:
- Made of stainless steel
- Is 14.96 inches long and 9.75 inches wide
- Has 5 divisions to keep ribs
- Easy to clean
2. Brinkmann porcelain coated rib rack – 812-9236-S
Next, let us see something that is less expensive than the first rib rack. The rib rack from Brinkmann is cost-effective and is suitable for small barbecue grills. This is the best choice for a small family. This has four racks for hold ribs. Being small is sometimes advantageous. Since this rack is only 2.25 inches tall it can fit into small BBQ smokers or machines and even into an oven. The dimensions of this rack are 11.50 inches x 10.25 inches x 2.25 inches(LxWxH).The Brinkmann rib rack is made from porcelain coated steel and weighs only 450 grams. Just like the first rib rack this also has a handle that makes it easy to handle. Removing the smoked or grilled ribs from the barbecue becomes easy by this. The features that gave this low profile rib rack better customer ratings than some of the other products are:
- The height (just 2.25 inches) that suits for even an oven
- Easy to use and clean
3. Weber 6605 rib rack
I mentioned about holding the ribs in an upright position when we started this discussion. The 6605 model rib rack from Weber is a product that achieves this more efficiently than the first two racks. The handle of this rack is designed in a way that it can also be used as a stand. So you can keep the ribs in a horizontal position which gives you better taste when you are using smoker or grill.You can place 5 ribs in this rack. The dimensions are 13.2 x 8 x 3.5 inches (LxWxH) and when used in an upright position the height will change. If you have a larger gas grill or a18.5-inch and larger charcoal barbecues this is the best rib rack for you. This is made of plated steel and you can use dish wash to clean it. Some good-to-have features of this rib rack from Weber are:
- Sturdy design
- Dish wash safe and easiness to clean
- Can be placed in an elevated position
4. Dracarys BBQ Rib Rack with V-racks
This 15.5 inches long rib rack comes with a 2 in 1 unique design. Because of this design, you can use it for both ribs and roasting. You just have to flip the sides. The handle at both ends gives enough elevation for the meat from the grill grates. The food grade stainless steel is non-coated and is safe for cooking. This also makes it easy to clean the racks. You can either spread some oil on the racks before grilling or can soak it in boiled water after preparation.You can keep 8 ribs at a time and this rib rack is the perfect choice if you love to share the happiness in your life with your dear and near. As mentioned earlier this is a 2 in 1 rack that can be used both roasting turkey/chicken and ribs. This 8-section dual purpose rib rack stands out in the crowd because of the following reasons.
- The 2 in1 design
- Number of ribs that can be grilled or smoked
- Unique handle design to keep it elevated from the grates
- Healthy because of the non-coated steel
- Suitable for larger barbecue machines
- Dimensions: 15 x 7 x 4 ¾ inches (LxWxH)
5. Dracarys Rib Rack with round racks
The above rib rack from Dracarys had V-shaped racks and this one has the traditional round racks. The maximum number of ribs you can roast/grill is 5 and you can prepare ribs that are 10 inches long. The dimensions are 16 x 10 x 4.5 inches (LxWxH). Since the material used here is 304 stainless steel, the rack is durable and corrosion resistant. This also helps in the cleaning process.The rib rack is designed in a way that the 5 large portions kept on the rack stand upright. This makes cooking easier and faster. If you notice the design you will understand that you can even grill or smoke steaks and sausages keeping it in the bottom portion. This rack is a great choice because of the reasons given below.
- Healthy because of the material used
- It is a multi-purpose rib rack
- Durable and strong
- Unique design that gives space for smaller pieces as well
6. Bar.b.q.s porcelain rib rack
This is one of the customer-loved rib racks I came across while searching for one. Even though this does not look grand or big this is something that fits for a family. You can barbecue 4 long ribs using this rack and it works best for pork ribs. The rack holds ribs upright in the grill which will eliminate the charred grill marks. The sturdy steel used to make this product gives durability to the rack and the porcelain coating gives it a classy look.The dimensions are 11.25 x 10 x 3 inches (LxHxW). When it comes to cleaning this rib rack you can do it with soapy water. Even though this rack is small it is compact and sturdy which makes it suitable for small and large grills alike. You can cook 4 ribs using this rack in grill or smoker or an oven. To summarise, the points to be noted about this rib rack are:
- Small and compact
- Suitable for even ovens and small smokers
- The porcelain coated steel makes it easy to clean
- Cost-effective and is apt for families
Any of the above listed rib racks can fulfil your dream of having a perfect barbecue party or barbecue outlet. We were discussing the rib racks for a party however the Dracarys BBQ rib rack with V-racks can be used in gas barbecues or large smokers. In case if you are planning for an outlet this can come handy. Just before finalising the product double check the size of your barbecue machine and the rib rack.