Best Mouse Traps
The best mouse trap is a bit ambiguous, some of use prefer human catch and release; others prefer an instant end to an infestation problem such as mouse bait. Whatever mouse trap you prefer, both result in a home free of rodents. Others choose to take a mix of of the mouse control options to eradicate a problem quickly. In this article we look at a mix of the best mouse traps that will help you clear your home of an infestation.
1. IIWEY Humane Mouse Trap, 32 Centimeter Enlarged Smart Mouse and Rodent Trap
This best selling mouse trap on Amazon stands out due to certain key features mentioned below:
- This mousetrap does not hurt the rodent in any manner and traps it in a very humane way. It is available on Amazon for £12.99.
- Its length is 32 centimetres, which is almost double the size of normal mouse traps.
- This mousetrap is large enough to catch two mice in one go.
- It does not even clip the tail of the rodent as mouse traps usually do.
- It functions automatically when the mouse comes inside the trap to take the peanut butter that is placed on the other end of the rectangular cube.
- You can clean the trap with the help of water or a wet cloth and reuse it as many times as required.
- The trap is very sensitive so it is recommended to keep a slightly heavyweight object on the opening end of the trap so that it does not trigger the automatic latch.
- The automatic latch works by activating a small catch button.
- This trap works best for catching mice and causing the latter absolutely no harm.
2. Victor Rat Zapper – Humane Electronic Rat Trap for Instant Kill
This electronic rat trap is on Amazon for £3.60 and has certain features that make the price extremely worth it, a few are listed below:
- This mouse trap gives an instant death to the trapped rodent by passing a high voltage shock through its body.
- The opaque body of the trap hides the actual death and dead body from the customer.
- This electronic runs on batteries: 4 AA batteries do the job.
- The rat trap shows activity by the blinking of a green light on top of the trap. It turns on after pressing the on switch and also indicates when the rodent has been
- killed and when the trap must be emptied.
- The rat trap works by electrocuting the rat for about 2 minutes so that death is guaranteed.
- Like in normal mouse traps, you place the bait inside the trap and set it indoors in an area where there is high traffic for the rodents or somewhere along the corners of the wall.
- Overall, this rat trap provides an instant and painless death to the rat or rodent without getting the customer’s hands dirty.
3. CASTRIES Humane Mouse Trap, Reusable Rodent Trap
This is another mouse trap that supports the policy of live and let live, it collects the mice or rodent and which can then be deposited to someplace far from homes and offices.
Here are a few of its key features.
- This retails for £8.49 on Amazon and is a good way to catch rodents without causing any harm to anyone.
- The trap has a revolving door that only needs to be lifted slightly in order to let the mouse go.
- It is suggested to leave the mouse soon after it has been trapped, otherwise, it might alert other mice by sending out a distress call.
- This mouse trap can easily be cleaned.
- The product is 31 x 74.9 x 59.9 cm, large enough to give the trapped rodent breathing space.
- The door is made of high quality plastic that cannot be chewed off easily.
- I would also suggest taking the mouse to a place quite far from where the rodent was caught, in order to avoid a return of the mouse or rat.
4. Navaris Humane Live Mouse Trap – Release Trap and Transparent Catch – Eco Friendly and Pet Safe
This mouse trap is built from high quality plastic and stainless steel it is sold for £9.90 and has the following key features:
- It is a pretty long trap: 32.5 x 8.5 x 8 cm, enough to catch small mice.
- Since there are no toxins attached to this mouse trap it can be used around children and house pets like dogs and cats.
- It is extremely important for the trap to remain dry in order for it to work efficiently.
- Another good recommendation is to place the bait on a piece of paper before putting it inside the trap, this would avoid making the cleaning process messy and difficult.
- It is also suggested to let the rodent go soon after it has been trapped since leaving it too long inside the trap can cause it to die due to suffocation.
- This mouse trap is reusable several more times after giving it a proper cleanse under running water.
- Due to its transparent body, it attracts mice and rodents very quickly.
- This mouse trap is available in a variety of different colours.
5. Kraftex Traps – Catch Rodents Fast (6 Quick Effective) Trapper Pack
This trap that comes in a pack of six is another way to kill the mice, however, it takes a little longer for the rats to get accustomed to this new device.
The key features of this mouse trap are as follows:
- It has a good spring and high precision mechanism that traps the rodent quickly.
- The bait can be placed inside the trap which is a small
- The trap has the dimensions 14 x7.6 x 7.6 cm.
- This rat trap does not leave a stinky odour after catching the rodent and is washed easily.
- It is recommended to place some bait around the trap to make the rats comfortable with this new device so that it can step without inhibitions into the trap.
- A suggestion to have the trap work properly is to use gloves when placing the trap so no human smell is traceable.
- It is also recommended to tie the trap down with a piece of string or even glue so that the rats don’t get away by taking the bait and are caught.
- Although this rat trap, follows a new mechanism and is not up there on the bestseller list, it does have a very large amount of positive reviews and seems to be a good bargain for the £13.27 that it costs on Amazon.