Best wood wax and wax polishes to make your joinery shine and protected (October 2020 Updated Review)
5 of the Best Wood Wax & Wax Polishes
When we look at a piece of furniture we want to see something that has a good finish to it. Carpenters take their time in waxing a wood surface to provide it that glossy look.
To attain this look the woodworkers use wax and wax polishes on the surface. Another reason for using wood wax or polish is the provide protection to the wood.
The best wood wax will definitely provide a natural finish to the wood and it will be easy to apply for the woodworker.
Let us see some of the options that are currently available in the market.
1. Natural Earth Oil’s Bees Wax Polish
A 250 ml tin of this wax polish comes for £8.99.
More and more people who work with wood want to use things that are natural and organic. This particular wax polish has been made from 100% natural and organic bees’ wax and linseed oil.
The wax polish provides a natural wood finish and it is free from harmful chemicals such as VOC or solvents such as gum turpentine and toluene. This particular polish is food safe so it can be used to polish wooden utensils as well.
One doesn’t need to use a lot of this wax polish and a thin layer does the job well. It is clear, so it wouldn’t react with any wood dye or stain that you may have applied on the wood.
- Made from a 100% natural mixture of linseed oil and bee’s wax
- The product is free from VOC, solvents, gum turpentine and toluene
- The wax polish is food safe
- The product provides a natural finish to the wooden surface
2. Fiddes & Sons Wax Polish
A 400 ml tin of the Fiddes & Sons Wax Polish is available for £8.90 for the clear variant and at £9.99 for the coloured variants. The colour options include Cherry, Antique brown, forest brown, Jacobean, rugger brown and stripped pine.
Fiddes & Sons have been known for making good quality wood polishes from a long time which are known to be environmentally friendly. The product has been made odour free.
The wax polish can be applied on both bare wood and sealed wood. The wax polish helps in protecting and conserving the wood which is long-lasting and provides a natural shine.
The wax polish can be applied on the wood using a brush or can be rubbed off. One needs to wait for 3 minutes before buffing the polish to shine with a soft cloth.
The wax polish shouldn’t be used on utensils or objects that will come in close contact with food items for humans or animals. It is best to use wax polish while wearing gloves.
- The wax polish is based in clear and coloured variants
- The product is environmentally friendly and odour free
- The wax polish can be used on bare wood or sealed wood
- The wax isn’t food safe
3. One needs to wait for 3 minutes before buffing with a soft cloth
A 400 ml tin of this wood polish is available for a price of £11.99. It is available in the clear variant and the dark finish variant.
This particular product is water based so it doesn’t have any odour. It does the job in just one coat. One doesn’t need to prime or sand a wooden surface before applying this wood polish.
It is best to use it for indoor furniture and wooden pieces only. The finish of this product is smooth and matte in nature. This finishing wax can be used on wood as well as on stone, metal, plastic, etc. The wax doesn’t react with the colour of the furniture.
- This is a water based product which is free from an odour
- The product can be used on bare wood
- The finishing wax can be used on stone, metal, and plastic as well as on wood
- The product provides a smooth and matte finish
Antiquax Wax Polish is available in a 100 ml tin pack for the price of £4.83. It is also available in packs of 250 ml and 500 ml.
Antiquax is nothing new and the company has been known for making wax polishes from a long time. This particular wax is clear and it works well on darker woods without reacting with their colour.
The product has been created with a mix of beeswax and carnauba wax which makes the supreme recipe of wax polish. The product penetrates into the wood and nourishes it to retain its health.
When someone applies the wax polish on wood they will get a natural sheen that is resistant to dust and fingerprints. One can apply it on the wood with the help of a soft cloth in a circular motion.
- Users should be careful while using this product as it is flammable.
- The wax polish is a blend of beeswax and carnauba wax.
- The product has the ability to penetrate into the wood and nourish it.
- The wax polish provides a natural sheen to the wood and protects it from dust
5. Briwax’s Wax Polish
A 400 gram tin of Clear Briwax Wax Polish is available for £16.41. It is also available in coloured variants.
The natural blend of wax is made using a mixture of beeswax and carnauba wax. As soon as someone applies this wax on wood it provides a natural sheen. It is very easy to apply and it does clean and protects the wooden surface.
Along with tiles, the product can also be applied on surfaces such as metal, tiles, marble, melamine, etc. The product dries quickly and stays put for a long time.
One should also follow the safety precautions while using this product.
- The wax polish is a supreme blend of beeswax and carnauba
- The product helps to clean and protect the surface
- The product can be used on surfaces like marble, melamine, tiles, metal, etc.
In conclusion, we can say that these are some of the wax polishes that one can use to add shine and protection to their furniture. These options are the best ones that are currently available in the market.