Best drain unblockers when you need to get out of a tight spot (September 2020 Updated Review)
There is nothing worse than a blocked drain. At some point we’ve all experienced it, for most of us it comes at the most inconvenient of times too(not that there is a good time of course!). It’s not like patio cleaner or even deck cleaner that we can get by without, Drain unblocker is essential. It’s the cleaning solution we miss the most when we need it so in this article I’ve reviewed the best drain unblockers for strength and price. A drains unblockers needs to be strong and fast acting, solving a potentially nasty problem as quickly as possible.
1. Silverline 395010 Drain Unblocker 6 m x 6 mm Diameter
- This drain unblocker from Siverline has been rated the top best selling product in its category. Here are a few of its key features:
- This blue coloured drain unblocker with a diameter of 6 m x 6 mm is prices at £8.09 on Amazon.
- This unblocker can be used for cleaning sinks, drains and showers.
- The rotating, hand-held handle on the device completely removes any form of blocking.
- It has a pistol grip which makes it handy and easy to use.
- A customer claims that this is a much better and cheaper option than calling a plumber and does the work without too much hassle.
- It is highly recommended to watch tutorials before putting the unblocker to use as it may seem tough to operate in the beginning.
- You can have one more set of helping hands, since one person can shove the wire up and down while the other can do the twisting and turning to unblock the drain.
- This drain unblocker is a show stopper for the cost that it is sold at, the quality is incredible and it works great.
2. Ecozone Enzymatic Drain Sticks – Helps to Prevent Blockages Forming pack of 1 (12 pieces)
This is a new technology that works with enzymes to break down grease, fat and other compounds that tend to block drains. The key features of these drain sticks are as follows:
- Priced at only £5.75, these drain sticks have garnered some incredibly positive reviews on Amazon.
- These 12 drain sticks are a good deal since they work continuously to remove residues.
- Since these are fragrance free, they do not leave behind an odour that stinks.
- One packet is enough to last one year.
- It is declared an allergy free product and uses natural bacteria and enzymes to break down anything that blocks the drain. Therefore, it is safe to use.
- It cleans the drain and blockage quickly.
- Customers claim that this is an incredibly easy technique to use and saves both time and money.
3. Mr Muscle Power Gel Drain Unblocker, 500 ml, Pack of 2
- Mr. Muscle is a well known brand in every household; their gel drain unblockers is also one of the most used and best drain unblocker formulas out there.
- Two bottles of Mr. Muscle are sold for £9.00 on Amazon and one bottle is enough to clear one bathtub
- This power feel is incredibly easy to use. You only need to leave the gel to settle wherever the blockage has happened and then wash it off or rinse it with summer hot water.
- The gel leaves a foamy texture wherever it is emptied.
- Mr. Muscle easily removes everything from grease to hair that often blocks drains.
- The bottle claims that 5 minutes are enough to get rid of the blockages.
- It can be used for kitchen, bathroom, and even bathtub drains.
4. Scotch Corporation Heavy Duty Liquid Drain Opener 1 Litre
This liquid drain opener is economical and leaves the customers satisfied, which is why it is listed as Amazon’s Choice on the website.
- It comes in the form of a thin liquid.
- The liquid comes with the guarantees of unblocking these drains of hair and grease.
- It is suggested to leave the liquid in the area that needs to be unblocked overnight, in the morning it seems brand new.
- This liquid is also safe for all kinds of piping, and will not cause damage in any way.
- This heavy duty liquid comes with a 100% customer guarantee.
- Customer claim that it works like a miracle.
- The only thing required after leaving it overnight is to clean it with water and all the clogging disappears.
- Half a bottle is enough to remove the toughest clogging from toilets or blockages in the bathtub due to hair.
5. HG Duo Unblocker Extremely Powerful - The unblocker for when nothing else works
This duo unblocker set is the last resort for the toughest stains, and works wonders. The key features of this special formula are as follows:
- This works especially well for the toughest food and grease blockages that happen in kitchen sinks and bathroom drains.
- This solution priced at £9.69 comes with a guarantee that, if the drain is not cleaned; HG will return the purchase price.
- You must read the instructions properly and follow them step by step without fail.
- It is also required to leave the product in the affected area for at least 4-6 hours before cleaning it out; otherwise the drain will not be cleared properly.
- It is safe for all kinds of pipings.
- One bottle that contains 1 litre is enough to work for 10 clamming sessions.
- Customers claim that the two part solution works wonders and lets the drainage breathe easy without leaving any bad smells behind.
6. Bailey 5431 Universal Drain Rod Set in Carry Bag (3 Pieces)
Although a little on the pricier side, at £28.00 this is a one time investment that will last a lifetime. The key features include:
- It comes with three rods, a plumber, a drop scraper and a worm screw.
- The rods are high quality and thirty feet long.
- Since this set can be used but professionals, it can clear blockage that has lasted for as long as 86 years.
- Using hot water after the cleaning will make sure to remove any excess debris that is left.
- This is better suited for people who prefer to do these kinds of things on their own and would not want to pay a load of money to the plumber.
- You can go through the tutorials before beginning to use this set.
- The three pieces can be used for drains that are really deep.
- The price for this rod set, which comes along with a carry bag, is good if you would like to make a one time investment that will solve all drainage and blockage problems.