If you are spending a decent amount of time in the garden tending to your lawn, flower beds and plants, you really should think about investing in a pair of good quality gardening gloves. It is so easy to get scratched or cut when gardening, whether it be from a sharp stone or edge of a wall, or from a thorn. Also, because you are dealing with soil, it’s very easy to get dirt and other debris into the wounds which could cause problems. There is also possible damage from insect bites, rashes from allergies and gardening chemicals to consider. Gardening gloves also have the added benefit of keeping your hands warm and dry in those early spring months, or when you’re weeding in winter. In summer, they can offer your hands some UV protection. There are lots of different gardening glove designs out there and some of them are made for specific jobs. A wide range of materials are used in the manufacturing of gardening gloves and these days it is common to see products made from a combination of materials to make up for the shortcomings of single material gloves.
We have selected the gardening gloves that we think are the best value for money in the UK at the present time and reviewed them for you. If you want to see more information, images, and customer feedback, simply click on the links we have provided for you.
1. Leather Gardening Gloves by Viridescent
These leather gardening gloves by Viridescent are available in pink or blue for 8.97 on Amazon. Actually, not all of the glove is leather, just the palm and the finger panels but the leather used is 100% natural and good quality. These gardening gloves offer good protection against thorns and other common garden annoyances. The back of the glove is made from breathable fabrics and this adds to the comfort factor. The gloves are adjustable at the wrist through the Velcro strap.
- Available in blue or Pink colours
- 100% natural leather palm and finger panels
- Breathable fabric on the back of the glove makes them comfortable
- Adjustable Velcro strap on the wrist
- Priced under 9 pounds
- Not bulky but still offer good protection from thorns
2. Pine Tree Tools Bamboo Working Gloves
These gardening gloves from Pine Tree Tools are available to buy in 6 different sizes from S-XXL and are priced at 7.97. They are very light and fit snugly on the hand and this gives you greater sensitivity which is great for when you’re doing the more ‘fiddly’ jobs. They are not 100% waterproof but do offer a lot of protection against moisture. They are made from Bamboo which is a natural material that breathes well and absorbs perspiration. The material also helps to keep the hands warm in winter and sweat free in warmer weather. The Pine Tree Tools bamboo gloves come with a money back guarantee.
- Made from Bamboo which is a natural product and better for the environment
- The material is breathable and helps to both warm and cool the hands depending on the weather
- Offers good protection against wet surfaces
- Light and stretchy to fit your hands well
- God hand sensitivity while wearing them
- Money back guarantee
3. Exemplary Gardens Leather Gardening Gloves
These premium quality gardening gloves can be yours for 14.99 and are available in 5 sizes. Their maker Exemplary gardens have opted to use goat skin leather for the palm of the glove which is supple and light and gives you nice sensitivity but not so much protection against sharp thorns. The back of the glove is made from spandex which is comfortable and allows your hands to breathe. The wrist fasteners are adjustable and this helps to keep the gloves in place and comfortable while working. These gloves have a beautiful colour scheme of brown and white and look really nice.
- Palm is made from supple and light goat skin leather
- Back of the glove is breathable and stretchy spandex
- Gloves give you good sensitivity
- Adjustable fasteners for added comfort
- Beautiful colour scheme and available in 5 different sizes
4. Vgo 10 Pairs Nitrile Coating Garden Gloves
This excellent deal is offering you 10 pairs of these Vgo gardening gloves for just under 10 pounds. They are designed for comfort and dexterity so the palm has a light nitrile coating while the seamless polyester liner keeps the comfort factor up. The grip on these gardening gloves is good and the palm section is waterproof. The wrist section is a knitted design and fits very snuggly to the user’s own wrist. These gloves can be washed without damaging them, and with 10 pairs in the pack, you are unlikely to be finding yourself wanting gloves for the foreseeable future.
- 10 pairs value pack for under ten pounds
- Designed for comfort, flexibility and dexterity
- Light nitrile coating on the palm is waterproof
- Seamless polyester liner keeps the gloves comfortable
- Knitted wrist section fits snuggly
- Washable gloves
5. Premier Leather Gardening Gloves for Men
For heavy duty gardening tasks, you need heavy duty gloves, and these gardening gloves are just that. Made from thick, 100% genuine grain cowhide, they will do an amazing job of protecting your hands from cuts and abrasions. Even though the cowhide is thick, the quality of it keeps the gloves flexible and supple. This material is also good at absorbing sweat and is naturally breathable. The palm and inner thumb sections of the glove have been reinforced with suede to offer extra grip and protection. The wrist strap is adjustable for you to find the right fit for yourself. They are available for 10.97 and the makers offer a money back satisfaction guarantee.
- Heavy duty gardening gloves
- Thick cowhide protects the hands well
- Flexible and supple
- Breathable and sweat absorbent
- Suede reinforced palm and thumb sections for extra grip and protection
- Good price
- Money back guarantee
- Adjustable wrist strap for added comfort and fit