Wood Stains & Dyes
5 of the best Wood Stains and Dyes
People who are used to working with wood know the importance of wood stains and dyes. Adding colour and protection to the wood is pretty important.
Also, one needs to apply wood stains and dyes in intervals of a few years if one wants to keep their furniture healthy. One doesn’t need to call help to apply them and it is very easy to DIY the project.
Here we will mention some of the wood stains and dyes that are popular in the market and they are of good quality. So, let us help you to get wood stains and dyes that will protect your wooden pieces and help them to stay healthy for a long time.
1. Littlefair’s Environmentally Friendly Water Based Wood Stain & Dye:
This wood stain and dye costs about £16.95 for a bottle of 500 ml. The product is available in bottle sizes of 1 liter, 2.5 liters, 5 liters, 25 liters, and 250 ml. People who want to test it out can order the tester pot. Currently, it is available in 16 different colours including options like dark pine, golden oak, blushing beech, dark walnut, etc.
The formula of this wood stain and dye is non-toxic and harmless for the environment. It is quick-drying in nature and doesn’t have the harmful smell of many other stains. One can use it on doors, windows, skirting boards, moldings, and floors.
The finish of this product is natural and it has a ‘positive grain’ effect on the wood on which the product has been applied. The wood stain and dye is lightfast so that the colour doesn’t fade if the wooden piece is placed outside in the sunlight.
- The product is non-toxic and doesn’t have any harmful odour
- The product is available in a number of bottle sizes and 16 different colour options
- The product is lightfast in nature
- It can be applied to different wood surfaces
- The product has a ‘positive grain’ effect on the applied surface
2. Rustin’s 5015332650064 Wood Dye:
The Rustin’s wood dye bottle is available for £6.99 for a bottle. It is available in bottles of 250 ml and 1 lire and in a number of colours including brown mahogany, ebony, light oak, etc.
The dye has the ability to quickly seep into the wood and it doesn’t have the ‘negative grain’ effect on the wood. One can also mix the different shades of the wood dye to make new shades. A couple of coats will be needed to get the desired colour.
The wood dye has to be used on bare wood and no primer needs to be applied. One should make sure that they use gloves and masks while using this product. They should also follow the safety precautions mentioned in the bottle.
- The product quickly gets inside the wood
- The product doesn’t have the ‘negative grain’ effect on the wooden surface
- Needs a few coats of the product to get the best colour
- The product should be applied on bare wood
- One needs to follow safety precautions while using this product
3. Ronseal CWDDM250 250ml Colron Wood Dye:
A 250 ml bottle of the Ronseal Colron Wood Dye is available for £10.99. Currently, the wood dye is available in 12 different colours.
One needs to apply a single coat of this wood dye to get the desired colour that they want. It can be used on dining tables, benches, doors, stool, etc. It penetrates into the wood easily and it lasts on the wooden surface for a long time.
The colour of the dye doesn’t fade or turn yellow over time. One can easily use it on outside furniture as sunlight wouldn’t damage the colour. One may apply more coats to make the colour richer and stronger.
This is a solvent based wood dye, so people need to follow the safety instructions so that it doesn’t cause any problems. It is very easy to use this wood dye on any wooden surface.
- The wood dye works well on all kinds of wood
- A person needs to apply it only once
- The product comes in 12 different colours
- The colour of the dye doesn’t fade or yellow, not even when exposed to sunlight
- The product lasts on the product for a long time
- The product can be used on floors
4. Everbuild EVBWSWN250 Quick Dry Wood Stain:
This Everybuild wood stain is available for £7.12 for a tin of 250 ml. The product is also available in tins of 500 ml and 2.5 litres. The wood stain comes in different wooden colours.
This particular wood stain has a quick-drying capacity which dries in about 30 minutes. The stain weatherproof the wood from rain and harsh sunlight. The protection is long-lasting and it lasts for about 5 years.
The wood stain wouldn’t crack or peel on the wooden surface. The stain can be applied to a number of wooden surfaces. It is very easy to apply this product with the help of a brush. It can be used on both indoor and outdoor wooden pieces.
- Quick drying formula which settles in 30 minutes
- The protection lasts for about 5 years
- Has weatherproofing quality
- Can be used on all types of the wooden surface
- The product is available in a number of sizes and colours
5. Ronseal 5 Year Wood Stain Natural Pine:
A 750 ml tin of the Ronseal wood stain is available for £14.98 in the market. It is also available in a tin of 2.5 litres and in a number of colours.
The product guarantees that the stain will protect the wood for 5 years and it is BBA certified. Along with providing colour the product also waterproofs the wood.
The drying time for the wood stain is about 1 hour. The product can be used for outdoor furniture or wooden pieces. It doesn’t require an application any kind of primer or basecoat.
It is best to apply three coats of this product and there should be a 4-hour interval in between the coats. It can be used on hardwoods as well as softwoods.
- The product provides 5 years of protection to the wood
- The stain has waterproofing capability
- The drying time for the wood stain is 1 hour
- One needs to apply 3 coats of this product to get the desired colour